In this talk, Stuart Herbert of @ganbarodigital shares his experience from nearly quarter of a century of building and fixing code to become more robust.
- What Is Robustness?
- Pattern 1: Succeed, Except When You Fail
- Pattern 2: Fail Deliberately
- Pattern 3: Tell Me How To Fail
- Pattern 4: Don't Crash Land
- Pattern 5: Know That Code Has Failed
Plus a look at *that* Laracasts video, and the consequences of the advice it contained.
Presented at @edpug Edinburgh PHP User Group on June 20th, 2017.