A junior developer will join your team. If nothing is done, he/she will be very likely unproductive for a long time. You and me have been there too. This is not a great experience, for nobody. Still, great engineers need to be made, and it starts from day one. Based on my experience and the EURA NOVA onboarding, I’ll discuss why onboarding is important, which elements are required, how to plan and do it, and which common pitfalls to avoid.
Je suis Christophe.
● work with Git, Gitlab, Docker, dev environment of choice,
● learn good communication practices
● contribute (plan, decide, analyze, time box)
● show teamwork (pp, review, co-ownership)
● take ownership & ship
● produce quality work
● understand our way of working (roughly agile)