UXINDIA2019: India's biggest international conference on User Experience Design which is being celebrated on Sep 9, 10 & 11 at Novotel HICC, Hyderabad.
#ux #uxindia #uxindia2019 #designthinking #uxi19 #uxconference #umodesign
• Spatial - Hierarchical
• Attraction and Repulsion - - A bee being led to a
flower by its smell
• Expectations influence perception
• Odors will be recognized and perceived differently.
Associations will be different for different people.
• Overpowering smells at the beginning can lead to a
numbing of the olfactory senses. Other smells later
cannot be recognized.
• Using scents is an effective way of adding another
• The smell of an object need not correspond to its
real world smell.
• Cultural heritage
• Story is important. Why is smell necessary?
• Don’t forget other senses
• Background smells and Mood Smells
• Space design is crucial
• Containers/ Smell dispensers
• Emit minimum amount
Sniffing out the Differences Project with interactive
installations maps into scents and visualisations.
It explores tales and olfactory associations in south
asian cultures from the past, present and future,
some factual and some fictional.
It explores the theme identity and differences often
resulting in xenophobia
Precedence for designing for negative emotion
- Murder of jewish museum
- Jallianwala Bagh
Problem Definition: intensity lost
This fictional narrative talks about the story of an apprentice
learning the craft of perfume making. The protagonist is a
native of Kashmir and through the perfumes he creates, he
tries to share his experiences and interactions that he has with
the various characters who come to the shop where he is
learning the craft.
The tales talk about the changes that happen in human
conditioning in any conflict zone such as Kashmir, through the
medium of poetry and fragrances.
Poetry + smell
Capturing tales and emotions