Jackie Jimenez and Karla Campos talk Content Marketing at WordCamp Orlando 2013 - standing room only presentation.
The old adage in Field of Dreams, “If You Build it, He Will Come” does not work in Google rankings’ competitive nature. This talk is geared towards the business owner, inspirationally analyzing the common mistakes new websites make and how to overcome the wasteland doom of no visitors.
Key focus will be on content creation, WordPress Plugins for site speed, SEO strategies, and social media sharing.
Attendees will learn actionable items that they can put into action and creatively stand out from the crowd – that is, building a proper brand identity online.
1. Field of Dreams: Strategies to Enhance Your Website & Be Seen
2. Content Strategy If You Build It, They Will Not Come
3. About Us: Jackie Jimenez and Karla Campos Founder - The Innovative Consultant / Innovate WP ● ● ● ● ● Innovate WP: WordPress Training Program - LiveNinja Partner #WPMIA Co-Organizer WordCamp Miami & Orlando Speaker Provides Integrated Marketing Services Clients - 3iWave Smartwatch, WallJunkie Social Media Advertising Founder- Social Media Sass / The Real Women of Social Media ● ● ● ● ● CEO of Social Media Sass, we make your social media rock. CEO - The Real Women of Social Media Winner Small Business Influencer Awards Soon to be published author of The Chronicles of a Social Media Addict. Speaker NicheParent, Social Media Day, WebCongress
4. Karla and Jackie Tweet Us Giveaway! #WCORL @InnovateWP @SocialMediaSass
5. Innovate WP: Marketing with WordPress InnovateWP.com Webinar Series #WCORL @InnovateWP @SocialMediaSass
6. Agenda ● Learn About: ○ ○ ○ ○ Content Strategy Tools and Plugins Image Optimizers Manage Your Site
7. Remember 3 Things: ● Friends Don’t Let Friends Use GoDaddy! ● Content May be King, But Comments Are Queen ● Backup Your Site Before It Kicks You
8. The Power of WordPress
9. You Should Have Blogged Already! Source: WordPress.com
10. CONTENT STRATEGY
11. Content Strategy Combining Search, Social and A Little Bit of Innovative Sass. 1 Focus on Your Target Market ● Well-Defined Targets ● Understand the audience ● Solve their problems and concerns 2 Start Creating ● ● ● ● ● Brainstorm on what type of content you’d like to produce. Is it video? Photo & design? Blog posts? Facebook/Twitter 3 Measuring & Improve ● ● ● How is your content performing? Use what works Understand behavior of users online
12. Blog Content Posts that build trust ● ● ● ● ● ● Instructional posts Product & Service Reviews Company Updates Newsworthy Items Industry Topics Showing your Expertise
13. Instructional Posts, Industry Topics, Showing Expertise Sample Post
14. Product and Service Reviews
15. Eyetracking visualizations show that users often read web pages in an F- shaped Pattern
16. Web users spend 69% of their time viewing the left side of the page and 30% viewing the right.
17. Inverted Pyramid Writing webwisewording.com
18. Hotspots User Tracker
19. TOOLS & PLUGINS
20. WordPress SEO by Yoast
21. WordPress SEO by Yoast
25. IMAGE OPTIMIZERS
26. WP Smush.it
28. MANAGE YOUR SITE
29. ManageWP ● ● ● ● SEO Analysis Keyword Rankings Google Analytics Migrations
30. Editorial Calendar
31. POSITION THEY WILL COME THEN
32. Developing an Integrated Marketing Strategy Online 1 2 3 THEY WILL COME THEN
33. Comment Plugins ○ ○ ○ ○
34. You Got Questions? We Got Answers.
35. Contact Us:
36. Thank you, WordCamp Orlando Attendees #WCORL @InnovateWP @SocialMediaSass