Presentation of SaltPad, a web GUI for SaltStack powered infrastructures.
Give your infrastructure the web UI it deserves!
• Python Dev
• SaltStack enthusiast since
I discovered it
Salt is awesome…
The missing Web UI
• Job output pretty outputting
• And a special treatment for state.highstate jobs
• Management of minions (keys, last runs, pillar)
• Run job, save job parameters as templates and
run them with one-click button
• Accelerate minions debugging
Let me introduce you to SaltPad !
With a live demo!
• Use SaltStack API for everything.
• No DB, jobs templates are stored in salt master
• Python Flask application.
• Some features are not yet implemented.
• Add some caching to improve responsiveness.
• Add support for SaltStack API 2014.7.0.
• Improve the API in order to implement new
features and improve responsiveness.
FOSS for the win!
• It’s open-source and available here: https://
• I would like to thank my employer tinyclues for its
sponsorship on SaltPad.