Software Engineer (Android)
● Components of Android
● Java vs Kotlin
● Installation and Setup - Android Studio
● Hands on Session
● Q n A
● Linux Based OS
● Open Source
● Officially Launched in 2007
● Initially Developed by Android inc. and subsequently purchased by Google
● Its Version name is mainly based on Sweets treats or Desserts and now number
● Latest version 13
● Android owns around 75% of the market
Power of Android
● Android has over 2.8 billion active users, it has a global market share of 75
● Android holds over 85% market share in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Turkey and
● Over one billion Android smartphones were shipped last year (2021)
● Samsung is the largest Android smartphone manufacturer, followed by
Huawei and Xiaomi
Android Studio build apps for
● Android phones
● Android Wear
● Android TV
● Android Auto
Components of Android
● Content Providers
● Broadcast Receivers
● Kotlin is a Open Source, general purpose, statically typed programming
language for the JVM and Android.
● It is a modern, trending programming language.
● It is easy to learn, especially if you already know Java (it is 100%
compatible with Java).
● It is used to develop Android apps, server side apps, and much more.
Who uses Kotlin
Java vs Kotlin
// Hello world in java
public static void main(String args)
// Hello world in Kotlin
fun main(array : Array)
The official Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for developing
Android Apps is Android Studio, which Google supports.
Java was replaced by kotlin on May 7, 2019, as a preferred language for
developing Android Apps. But still, Java is being used for developing Android
Before downloading and installing Android Studio, the following requirements are
● Operating System Version - Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 (32-bit or 64-bit).
● Random Access Memory (RAM) - Minimum 4 GB RAM and 8 GB RAM
● Free Disk Space - Minimum 2 GB and 4 GB recommended.
● Minimum Required JDK Version - Java Development Kit (JDK) 8.
● Minimum Screen Resolution - 1280 * 800.resolution
● To download the Android Studio, visit the official Android Studio website in
your web browser.
● Click on the "Download Android Studio" option.
● Double click on the downloaded "Android Studio-ide.exe" file.
● "Android Studio Setup" will appear on the screen and click "Next" to proceed.