Curious about Android Auto? Announced at Google I/O 2014, Android Auto is Google’s attempt to bring Android to the car, with controls and a user interface optimized for driving. The first cars with Auto support were released in the summer of 2015 and Google has now opened up Android Auto to everyone with the recent release of the Android Auto app, giving developers a unique opportunity to reach a whole new set of users. The goal of this session is to get you started developing great apps for this emerging platform.
We’ll talk about how to:
- Extend your existing audio or messaging app to be compatible with an Android Auto head unit;
- Use Android Auto to play music, compose and read messages and respond to user voice actions;
- Develop and test your apps with the Desktop Head Unit;
- Make sense of the Android Auto design guidelines and usability requirements that are in place for Auto apps;
- Distribute your Auto app through Google Play.
Join us as we walk through real-life examples and see just how easy it is to get started with Android Auto!