In this talk I'm going to answer the following questions:
- what is software craftsmanship?
- why should you care about software craftsmanship?
- why is it valuable to you?
- how does it affect your team and your segment of the software industry?
I'd also like to raise some awkward questions:
- where did the patterns movement (in architecture and in software) go wrong?
- how can we avoid repeating their mistakes?
- why is apprenticeship more important than mastery?
- why is learning more important than teaching?