If you have to read out
everything on your slide,
then you might want to
consider why you are
There is no need to have multiple bullet
points on a single slide.
• We feel the need to fill the slide with text.
• Putting lots of information on one slide.
• Using lots of bullet points.
• They lose intensity
• Important aspects get lost amongst the list.
• People find them difficult to read.
• People find them hard to remember.
• How many of these will you remember?
aspects get lost
difficult to read
hard to remember
If the text is too small to read from the back of the room then it is too small.
wandelen langs de vloedlijn
by Gerard Stolk
Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic
(CC BY-NC 2.0)
Various images from unsplash.com
Bunch of keys by pixishared CC BY-SA 2.0
.: Any question??? :. by Marcello Maria Perongini CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
Senator Kennedy by Robert W Kelley LIFE Magazine http://images.google.com/hosted/life/90124521bdd6c522.html
Screengrab, HUGHES, J., et al. (1987). Ferris Bueller's day off. Hollywood, CA, Paramount Pictures Corp.
Kitten in bookcase https://earlyamericanists.com/2014/01/29/the-kitten-in-the-bookcase/
Bullet Hole in my Window by Jonathan Kos-Read CC BY-ND 2.0
wandelen langs de vloedlijn by Gerard Stolk CC BY-NC 2.0