Karlien Holliday, Head of Sales Enablement, Wirecard Solutions South Africa
How to deliver client centricity
across the business value chain
Presenter: Karlien Holliday
Head Sales Enablement
Wirecard Solutions South Africa
• How business has evolved over time?
• Why sales enablement should be a holistic approach?
• Why buyers will stop buying?
• Why it is important to place people at the heart of your
• Where to invest sales or retention?
• Delivering on client centricity through the business value
• Tips to deliver
Why sales enablement should be a holistic approach?
The training, processes, practices and tools needed to support product, sales and marketing
throughout the buyer's journey.
Key focus will be on translating and socializing various strategies cross-functionally in the
business, with partners and other key stakeholders to increase engagement satisfaction that
will result in improved KPI’s across the value chain.
How has business evolved
Customer centricity driven
Customer service driven
Own needs and
Employee The client
Why it matters for the organisation to place
people at the heart of the business?
“I am not a number”
“I am unique”
Why buyers stop buying?
89% of buyers buy
based on overall
experience as much
as products and
57% stopped buying
due to competitor
invest – sales
• Acquisition cost
6-7 times more
• Past customers
have up to a 70%
— compared to
20% for new
• Increasing custom
er retention rates
by just 5% can
boost profits by
up to 95%
between five to
25 times less
trying to attract
Steps to deliver
• Effectively communicate your
business strategy and align
business objectives across the
Map your customer journey not from the inside out, but from the outside in
• The growth in sales is no longer
just the responsibility of the sales
• Overall success of any business is
to sell, support and deliver value
– not products and services
• It is all about cross-functional
collaboration, design and input
from all client touchpoints