When you switch from an individual contributor role to a manager role, you might find yourself floating in a sea of uncertainty. What does success look like as a manager? How can you know if you’re doing a good job or not, with such a long feedback loop between your actions and their outcome? In this workshop, we’ll start to demystify management by talking tactics, articulating what you uniquely bring to management, and demonstrating how you can best support your direct reports. We’ll cover:
- Coaching, mentoring and sponsoring, and when to use each as a manager
- Identifying your management philosophy and expectations for your team
- Growing your teammates through feedback
- Navigating your team through uncertainty and surprising emotions
- Developing an internal barometer of success, and a network you can lean on as you grow
During each stage of the workshop, Lara leads the attendees through group exercises to practice skills like coaching, giving feedback, and goal-setting. Lara will also provide worksheets and plenty of resources for attendees to continue to grow and learn after the workshop.