If your team practices DevOps, it's only a matter of time before they say "We want to move to microservices".
How do we, the tech leaders, arm ourselves with enough knowledge to make good decisions on the move to microservices. Many times engineers will emphatically push for this move because microservices represent the bleeding edge. They do not always assess the value of this change in the same way we do.
Using our real life experiences at Comcast, we will answer the following questions to help tech leaders make good decisions:
* What are microservices, exactly?
* What are the main reasons to move to microservices?
* What are reasons to NOT move to microservices?
* What maintenance considerations should my team prepare for?
* Where are the hidden costs that come with microservices?
At the end of this talk, you will have an appropriate level of understanding of microservices and will be prepared to make informed decisions with your team.